Thursday, October 9, 2008

To catch up a bit...

Last weekend, we took a family trip to the desert so I haven't blogged much lately...We went with a few other families with kids so there was tons of socializing, playing and swimming involved!
Monday was the day after we got back home and my first day to work with Lola using DISTAR. This is the method of instruction that is used at her school. So, on Thursdays when I pick her up, her teacher will give me the sections of the workbook that I will need for the days that I am homeschooling. This way Lola is on the same page as everyone else on the days that she is in school.
My first time trying this method was confusing and I felt that the material itself was far too easy...Lola was yelling out the answers before I could even finish the request. We ended up fiinding some fun math and language art excercises online instead.
But after volunteering at her school yesterday, I finally got to see her teacher using the DISTAR correctly and realized that I had not been doing it right at all. I am going to give it some more practice and see how it goes.
For tomorrow, I gave Lola a few options of what we can do and she chose the aquarium. She said she wanted to learn more about whales! Anyway, when we get home and Elise is (hopefully!) napping, I plan to give DISTAR another good effort!

p.s. new camera finally arrived so expect photos very soon!

No comments: